Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Different World

Now that I'm back online, I am working on catching up with many things! It is a bit overwhelming, but at least I'm starting to feel settled. I always warm up by writing poetry. And this is my latest:


"Buddy"   Photo by Aleshia Clarke

Coming Home
   My journey is complete,
 or so it would seem;
I'm back to the familiar,
the home, and the dream.

With grass overgrown,
and the house in a mess,
tears overwhelm me -
the return of my stress!

Feeling quite empty,
all alone in the sticks,
not knowing where to start;
there’s too much too fix.

I want to go back
from where I just came.
I knew this would happen;
it is just not the same!

My sweetheart comforts me,
saying “wherever we roam,
as long as we're together,
we will always be home.”


 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Aleshia,

    Nice to be over at your blog too :)

    This is such a lovely poem, and it's good that you are back from whatever you were undergoing too. Wishing you the best in your new venture.

    Thanks for sharing. Have a nice day ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed the poem I wrote. I have been away from my home for 8 months of travel, and was very overwhelmed when I returned.

    I really enjoyed your visiting your website too. You offer a wonderful service to visitors like me :)

    Thank you!

    ~ Aleshia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this poem Aleshia - serendipitous, as I am going to move move to Northern California shortly, having lived in the UK for the past 10 yrs. It made me wonder if that'show I might feel! I hope you are feeling better about where you are now.Sounds very adventurous being a full-time RV traveler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi A.K.
      I enjoy moving "forward" more than going "back" to a place, because it is never as good as it used to be. Moving from the UK to California sounds very exciting, and I'm sure it will be lots of fun for you!

      Delete
  4. This was a great poem. I loved it. It really struck a chord with me. It raised emotions from experiences in my past and I am sure experiences to come. :-), Susan Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Susan. Poems that come from strong emotions seem to be my best ones. In this case, I was feeling a great loss at coming back to an empty house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have found that the most powerful poems come from the heart. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Honesty speaks volumes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I agree Lorraine. I'm on my way over to your Poetry Perfected blog right now!

    ReplyDelete